Invisible Hands, was Re: Multihoming sites and ARIN

Stephen Satchell satchell at ACCUTEK.COM
Sun Feb 23 13:40:06 EST 1997

At 5:41 AM -0800 2/23/97, Paul Ferguson wrote:

>I don't understand why you even bothering answering this dreck. It looks
>like that instead of just placing a 'From:' filter on Fleming, I'm going
>to have to filter any message that has a reference to him anywhere in the
>message header, or message body, to get any satisfaction here.
>
>- paul

Hey, why not remove *all* the pain and resign from naipr at arin.net?  If you
don't want to see the discussion, then don't.  That's the easiest.  If you
don't remember how, we can help you find the instructions.

One of the best things that ever happened to me in my career as a
journalist was that I was forced to read *ALL* of the mail generated by my
articles.  It taught me a number of things about how to present my views in
a way that could be understood by the widest audience as quickly as
possible.

I also learned that some of the most awful dreck had something to which I
needed to pay attention.  It's a little like copper mining today:  you have
to go through a lot of tailings to get a little metal, but people *want*
the metal.

There is a contrary view held by others.  I suggest that if you don't want
to see any more contrary views, you better add me to your mail filter as
well.

---
Stephen Satchell, {Motorola ISG, Satchell Evaluations}
<http://www.accutek.com/~satchell> for contact and other info
Opinions stated here are my PERSONAL opinions.