Why split IP allocations from the Internic?

Mark Borchers markb at INFI.NET
Wed Feb 26 23:07:32 EST 1997

> I would like to see a position paper from all of the
> BOT at least describing their platform and long term
> views.

You've mentioned this a couple times now.  While it's not a bad idea
on its face, neither does it seem terribly important.

It would appear that the proposed board was selected on the basis of
their past accomplishments.  This is a good thing.  Achievement in
the industry means a lot more than a position paper.  Words are
cheap.

IMHO, demanding a position paper at this stage of the game only
serves the purpose of forcing candidates to state how they will
handle future issues before they've had a complete opportunity to
wrestle with them on the job.  While there are pros and cons to this
approach, I believe it is unnecessary given the stature of the people
on the proposed board.

Mark Borchers
InfiNet Network Engineering
NOC: (757) 624-2295 ext. 3007