.WEB Suit

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Wed Feb 26 12:12:53 EST 1997

On Wednesday, February 26, 1997 11:08 AM, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
@ On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:16:23 CST, Jim Fleming said:
@ > "Chris Ambler claims he already owns the .web domain name and is
@ > considering filing suit in a Southern California court against the
@ > International Ad Hoc Committee's (IAHC) use of the name..."
@
@ More   Alternic whining.  And  it must  be  true -  it was reported in
@ WIRED, that paragon of  journalistic perfection. And  this time Kim is
@ right - it has nothing to do with the NAIPR list.
@
@ Take the Alternic whining to the alternic-whiners list, the .s0.g0
@ address to the detached-from-reality-dns list, and leave THIS list for
@ discussion of allocation of integers.  I can deal with a *lot* of
@ random babbling and flaming, as long as it's *ON TOPIC* random babbling
@ and flaming.
@

This has very little to do with the AlterNIC.
Therefore your comments are "off-topic" but
that does not make the posting "off-topic".

It has everyhthing to do with how registries are
emerging to compete with the InterNIC and to
allow the NSF to phase out of the business.

You probably happen to believe that IP address
registries should domain name registries should
evolve as separate entities. I happen to disagree.
Can we agree to disagree ?

Now, you might not agree that the InterNIC should
be kept in tact to provide stability, etc. You also
might not agree that the InterNIC has been a success.
If not, I suggest that you read the following.

@@@@ http://rs.internic.net/nic-support/nicnews/feb97/registry.html

"What It Means To Be a Registry"
"A willingness to grow and change to meet unpredictable demand"
"A willingness to face problems and find solutions"
"A willingness to take risks"
"A willingness to operate under pressure"
"A willingness to play an active role in the evolution of the Internet"
"A willingness to meet the needs of all customers"
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

In closing, can you or anyone explain in GREAT detail
why everyone seems to have decided that the IP address
allocations be split from the InterNIC, especially when their
is only one+ year left on the Cooperative Agreement ?

--
Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation

e-mail: