Multihoming sites and ARIN

Stephen Satchell satchell at ACCUTEK.COM
Tue Feb 25 02:03:49 EST 1997

At 2:57 PM -0800 2/24/97, Michael Dillon wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
>
>> > censor them. After all, you can always provide a URL if
>> > you want people to see your latest ideas
>> > in full.
>>
>> This assumes that all  people who wish   to post lengthy notes on  the
>> mailing list  have the ability to put  the full text  on a system that
>> you can  provide an URL for.  Not  all people have WWW  homepages,
>
>http://www.geocities.com/homestead/
>
>And there are other places that offer free home pages as well. As we all
>learn to better leverage Internet resources you will see more lists with
>their own set of web pages where list members can submit lengthy articles
>for posting. It's all a case of evolution and trying to make things work
>better, one step at a time.
>
>Kind of like ARIN...

Suggestion:  could individuals submit white papers to be included on the
ARIN site?  This would be akin to publication of a long letter in a
scientific journal.  I have some ideas to keep this from becoming a major
mess, but I want comment on the basic idea.

---
Stephen Satchell, {Motorola ISG, Satchell Evaluations}
<http://www.accutek.com/~satchell> for contact and other info
Opinions stated here are my PERSONAL opinions.