Please send comments...

Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU
Thu Feb 27 16:49:50 EST 1997

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:30:50 CST, Jim Fleming said:
> The Internet is also a very large place. Can you
> estimate how many people know about ARIN,
> how many people care about it, and furthermore,
> how many are going to do as you suggest...?

OK Jim.  Put your money where your mouth is.  If you *had* the ability
to edit anything on the ARIN webserver, what would you do, and what would
be the likely opinion of the ARIN organizers of your changes?  Remember
that much of what is on that server consitututes "official statements of
position", and as such, the owners do *not* want anybody (including Jim
Fleming, or Valdis Kletnieks, or Scott Bradner, or *anybody*) from editing
it before they have a chance to read it over and make sure that what
the person is changing is in fact what the owners wanted to say.

In fact, I'm willing to bet a large pizza with your choice of 3 toppings
that such review is a good portion of why it takes Kim so long to update
the server at each iteration.  Kim? Care to comment?

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Engineer