Please send comments...

Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU
Wed Feb 26 11:57:38 EST 1997

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997 12:13:50 EDT, Rob Marlowe said:
> Probably because anyone who disagrees with what is being proposed is
> immediately flamed.

Odd..  I've disagreed  with the  proposal as posted,   in depth and in
detail, and gotten  somewhere (eventually) on  everything (even if  it
wasn't quite the  answer I *wanted* -   on some things, ARIN  is stuck
with having to deal with things as they already are (such as the whole
multiple-announcement mess)).

In  any case, you need  a thick skin  in this business - somebody once
complained on the  IETF list re: getting flamed,  and somebody else (I
wish I had a citation) replied "The poster made no aspersion regarding
your parentage  or dietary preferences,   and was thus  rather mild by
IETF standards".

Or did  I misread this, and  it  meant "what  is proposed by Fleming"?
That would, of course, put a whole different spin on things...

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Engineer