Off topic...?

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Tue Feb 25 17:22:57 EST 1997

For those that are not familiar with the history of ARIN
as well as the history of control of the Top Level Domain
name space, you should be aware that they are extremely
intertwined. The NSF, Network Solutions, Inc., and
the IANA are in the center and many other players are
on the edges.

Now, I understand why some people would like to make
everyone think they are not related, and I understand
why ARIN was rushed into the public eye last month.
Eventually, those topics will probably be discussed.

It is unfortunate that most people only have a broad
overview of a very complex area. It is easy to be
convinced that one topic has nothing to do with
another.

I find it interesting that some topics get an almost
immediate and heated reaction from people close
to the situation. If those topics were truly "off-topic"
then that reaction would not occur. The supposed
off-topic material would drift away unnoticed.

--
Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation

e-mail: