Multihoming sites and ARIN

David R. Conrad davidc at APNIC.NET
Mon Feb 24 04:34:34 EST 1997

Folks,

Given I use a mail filter, I am often blissfully unaware of Jim
Fleming's "posts" ("posts" is probably too dignified a word, perhaps
we should coin a new word for large messages that display either
complete detachment from reality, consists entirely of irrelevant
and/or insinuating questions, and/or includes email addresses for half
the known world.  I might suggest the term for such messages to be
"flems" as in "I've been flemmed!"), I have apparently missed a large
deluge.  Sure enough, after looking at a couple of archives, it would
Fleming has apparently had another break with reality and has decided
that everyone needs his "wisdom" sent to them multiple times on
various mailing lists.

As a plea from someone who maintains mailing list archives and likes
to see them bounded in terms of disk space, please ignore Fleming.  At
times, he may seem to be rational, but it is an illusion.  If you
respond to his insinuations, irrelevancies, or amusing "solutions",
you merely encourage him to continue spouting more of the same.
Please, for your own sanity, I recommend you add him to your .
procmailrc or whatever (I use Mailagent -- I found the terminal noise
configuration files of procmail a bit off-putting :-)).  Failing that,
just hit 'd' anytime you see anything from 'unety.net' -- while you
might miss out on some amusement, your incoming mail queue will thank
you.

Regards,
-drc
--------