Invisible Hands, was Re: Multihoming sites and ARIN

Stephen Satchell satchell at ACCUTEK.COM
Mon Feb 24 01:58:55 EST 1997

At 12:17 PM -0700 2/23/97, James Smallacombe wrote:
>Stephen:
>
>It is obvious that you have spent little or no time in inet-access or any
>of the other lists that Fleming completely disrupts with his insane "IPv8"
>and other drivel.  Personally, I can't understand why people still respond
>to anything he says.
>
>It is only a matter of time before you will completely empathise with
>Paul.  Fleming is not part of a wide audience, he's just far, far wide.

Frankly, I *already* empathize with Paul about Mr. Fleming's postings, but
I find that I can skim those messages *very* quickly, and the delete key is
only a pinky-stretch away.  Someday Mr. Fleming may surprise us.

My concern is that people who *need* to see all the input may be filtering
out messages using automation instead of the quick-scan technique.  What is
the purpose of a PUBLIC list if members of the public are screened out?
(No matter how justified the provocation.

Paul is of course free (as an individual) to do as he pleases.  He *could*
have done it quietly and never get a rise out of me.  :)  I just hope that
KIM and the proposed board of trustees don't follow his avowed example.

---
Stephen Satchell, Satchell Evaluations
http://www.accutek.com/~satchell for contact info
Opinions expressed are my own PERSONAL opinions.