LET'S JUST GO AROUND

Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU
Thu Feb 6 14:42:33 EST 1997

On Thu, 06 Feb 1997 10:05:15 PST, you said:
> You don't need to multihome to get redundancy. You can achieve the same
> reliability by using multiple links to an upstream provider that does
> multihoming. There are several providers already that supply this service
> to ISP's like TLG, IXA, Netaxs and so on.

Hmm...

I guess the fact that Virginia Tech still has connectivity via MCI
even if Sprint has a routing flap, and vice-versa, is just a hallucination
on my part.

Yes, you get more reliability with 2 T-1s instead of 1 to an upstream
provider.  But you get even more if the 2 T-1s go to different providers
and you have good fall-over routing.

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Engineer