Competition for address allocation

Scott Huddle huddle at MCI.NET
Wed Feb 5 20:18:01 EST 1997

Why not introduce this same sort of competition to address
allocation services?  I can forsee that you have the sort
of problem of "Mom said no, so ask Dad", but this exists
for gTLDs as well.  Registries would compete on service
and price but would have to be "blessed" or "licensed"
to be in the business.  This would also eliminate the
concerns over pricing as well, the market would set the
price rather than beaurocrats.

-scott

At 03:19 PM 2/5/97 -0800, Paul A Vixie wrote on NANOG