LET'S JUST GO AROUND

Jeff Binkley jeff.binkley at ASACOMP.COM
Wed Feb 5 08:13:00 EST 1997

PF>At 03:55 PM 2/4/97 -0500, Jeff Binkley wrote:

PF>>I won't disagree that the address space needs to be managed.  I
PF>believe  >this is first an engineering question and not an
PF>organizational/economic  >one.  I think once the engineering pieces
PF>are figured out then we can  >move onto the organizational and
PF>>economic pieces.  I think it would be a  mistake to use economics to
PF>force compliance to engineering rules  >because if so done,
PF>technology will soon replace the economic pressures.   >history has
PF>proven this. >

PF>If this were simply an engineering exercise, then we wouldn't be
PF>having this silly discussion. Small entities wouldn't be pestering
PF>the registries for addresses, they would be going to their upstream
PF>providers. Problem solved.

As with most everything posted here from the supporters, you seem to
have everything figured out and any outside comments are a bother.  I'll
make your life less bothersome and won't post any additional comments
after today.

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

CMPQwk 1.42 9999