LET'S JUST GO AROUND

John LeRoy Crain John.Crain at RIPE.NET
Tue Feb 4 16:40:07 EST 1997

 jeff.binkley at ASACOMP.COM (Jeff Binkley) writes:
 *
 *
 * I don't disagree that globalbly registering address space is good thing.
 * Paul is the one who said there would be little benefit, I was only
 * confirming what he said.  As for subsidizing the service, I would tend
 * to agree a usage "tax" is the way to go but we must remember there are a
 * lot of "non-profit" organizations who make up this list of users and
 * skew the payign user base vs. the using user base.  It would be like
 * making the truckers pay for all of the road taxes but everyone else gets
 * to drive for free.

A usage tax, in which country?

ARIN will not only operate for the USA.

How are you going to get all of the authorities in all of ARIN
prospective region to agree to a tax system.

The ideas nice but not workable. Unless the US ISP's are willing to
be taxed for teh rest of teh Americas region:-)

John Crain