LET'S JUST GO AROUND

Jeff Binkley jeff.binkley at ASACOMP.COM
Tue Feb 4 15:55:00 EST 1997

RB>> Why should they be forced to pay for something they don't have to
RB>> pay for today, only to have no/limited perceived benefit ?

RB>Bzzzzzzt!

RB>They do pay today, just in a kinky warped way.  Due to historical
RB>accident, domain registration is subsidizing address allocation.

This is your opinion.  I'm personally still neutral on it.

RB>And, if you perceive no benefit in address allocation, the you won't
RB>have to play at all.

Those weren't my words but Paul's.  I was only iterating that if he is
correct, then the whole reason for this proposal becomes very cloudy.

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

CMPQwk 1.42 9999