Apology for noise

Michael Silverton silverton at edcom.org
Wed Apr 30 17:48:14 EDT 1997

My apologies for the quick-trigger on that reply meant for jamie -- it had
no business in this list.

Though while I'm here, I'll make my only post here.

Thank you all for ARIN.  It's about time for an active, leading NFP-Tech
Sector (NotForProfit Technology business sector).   As I see it, ARIN
represents far more than a mere solution to IP registry -- it is a model
for 21st century cooperative global enterprise.

Naysayers need to consider the alternative of doing nothing and waiting
until Microsoft finally decides to act on the namespace.  Do they have any
idea of the history of the people involved in this movement in comparison
to the Gates Domain?  Personally, I'd much rather see the spirit of Bob
Taylor, Bob Kahn, Vint Cerf, Jon Postel, et. al., carry the day.

Believe me, ye conspiratorialists (of which I am foremost), ARIN is much
closer to those early ARPA (minus the 'D') ideals than Microsoft could ever
dream.

Michael Silverton
silverton at edcom.org
http://EdCom.ORG/
Finger for PGP public key.

"This is your residential LAN on ATM over SONET, any questions?"