Registries differences

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Tue Apr 29 17:38:58 EDT 1997

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Jim Fleming wrote:

> ARIN as an extension of NSI/SAIC and
> backed by BBN and other large companies
> does not fit the model that I think best
> serves the Internet community.

ARIN is not an extension of NSI/SAIC. Both NSI and SAIC are private
companies owned by their shareholders. ARIN is being created as a
501(c)6 organization which is not owned by anyone at all and which
is controlled by its members in accord with its charter.

You have been promoting your own commercial point of view for the past
several months with this sort of innuendo and that most certainly does
NOT serve the Internet community.

It's much easier to tear down than to build up and I think that companies
like BBN and deserve a lot of credit for allowing their employees the time
to participate in important industry activities like ARIN.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049