Global council of registries???

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Mon Apr 28 20:59:08 EDT 1997

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Jim Fleming wrote:

> Yeah...that is what people want...
> line up here....take your ARIN pill....and watch
> your information be broadcast at the next sushi party...

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm definitely
a "chow mein" person and have only ever eaten sushi twice in my life.
My favorite fish is a nice baked salmon.

> Your statements and your continual lobbying
> of selected ISPs and InterNIC insiders does
> nothing to advance the Internet.

*chuckle*
Now that's an AMAZING statement to come from the keyboard of
Jim Fleming, the Internet's best-known and least-loved lobbyist.

PS. For the record, I don't believe that any network architecture or
business plan information that is submitted to ARIN should be revealed to
anyone other than the network engineers that make the allocations.
In other words, the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Council members
should *NOT* have access to this information. This is generally know as
a "need to know" policy in that information is only divulged to those
people who have a legitimate need to know regardless of their rank.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049