Global council of registries???

Philip J. Nesser II pjnesser at MARTIGNY.AI.MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 28 15:50:13 EDT 1997

Jim Fleming supposedly said:

> On Monday, April 28, 1997 10:13 AM, Philip J. Nesser II[SMTP:pjnesser at martigny.ai.mit.edu] wrote:
> <snip>
>
> @ Please provide any documented cases where the "good old geek" network has
> @ refused an address allocation request for any other than technical reasons
> @ or have been arbitrary or capricious or unfair.  And no, people whining
> @ because the NIC's require actual thought in the design of a network or
> @ implementing slow start do not count.
> @
>
> Why do people always ask for the "NO" cases...
>
> What about the "YES" cases....???
> What about the cases where companies are
> given a "pass" because someone "knows" someone
> or because the "right" consultant is hired...

Great.  Lets have some yes cases then!  (And I don't think a company
without a clue who hire a knowledgeble consultant to get the job done is
evidence of any conspiracy.  Lets have situations where a company
*shouldn't* be granted address space on technical reasons who gets it
because someone knows someone.)

(BTW the reason people ask for the no cases is because they logically
disprove a theory.  Yes cases can be helpful but they can't really prove a
theory.  But I was starting to speak of logic here, I digress.)

--->  Phil