[Iana-transition] lanic update, ideas for new oversight board (MONC)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:55:58 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Richard Hill <rhill at hill-a.ch> wrote:

> NTIA awards the IANA contract, that is, it decides who performs the IANA
> function, and how.
>
> Presumably the MONC would do that (for the IP address part of the IANA
> function) instead of NTIA.

Thanks for echoing that fact. We then need to determine whether its worth
forming a council that will only be awarding a periodic contract. IMO if
this community decide that a contracting regime is what is desired[1] then
that role can be given to the NRO while the composition of NRO-EC is
reviewed.

> But you are right to ask for a more detailed explanation: the devil is in
> the details.

;)

Cheers!
1. Which i don't necessarily think is necessary

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*