[General-members] 2FA Is Now Required on Your ARIN Online Account

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Feb 1 11:10:54 EST 2023

As of today, 1 February 2023, ARIN now requires two-factor authentication (2FA) on all ARIN Online accounts.

If you have yet to set up 2FA on your account, the next time you attempt to log in to your ARIN Online account, you will be redirected to the 2FA setup process and required to complete it before accessing your account. Customers can choose between Time-Based One-Time password (TOTP), SMS-based, and FIDO2/Passkey-enabled security key authentication methods.

You can learn more about ARIN’s 2FA options, as well as guides to enabling these methods in your account, by visiting https://www.arin.net/2FA.

Following a community consultation held in May 2022 (https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/consultations/2022/2022-4/), ARIN chose to delay enforcement until February 2023 in order to provide our customers with a variety of options for authentication. By requiring 2FA for ARIN Online accounts, the ARIN community will have the benefit of stronger security for the registry, reduced risk of account fraud attempts, and increased confidence in the integrity of their ARIN resources.

If you need assistance with the implementation of 2FA to your ARIN Online account, please contact our Registration Services Department from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, Monday through Friday, at +1.703.227.0660.

Regards,

John Curran

President and CEO

Helpful Resources:

Need help setting up your 2FA? Visit https://www.arin.net/2fa to get started. You’ll find guides on enabling 2FA via an authenticator application, SMS, and security key hardware.

We also provide information on how to receive and save your 2FA recovery codes, as well as what to do if you’ve lost access to your authenticator app, SMS phone number, or security key.