[General-members] Join Us Next Week for ARIN 50

ARIN info at arin.net
Thu Oct 13 11:18:01 EDT 2022

We’re heading to Hollywood for ARIN 50, our hybrid Public Policy and Members Meeting that will take place 20 – 21 October 2022 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, CA as well as virtually via Zoom. If you haven’t registered yet, it’s not too late! Visit http://arin.net/ARIN50 to get started.

Watch our Get Ready for ARIN 50 video here: https://youtu.be/Yz7IFfh4GRc

-------------
What to expect at ARIN 50

Policy Discussions

In addition to other reports and updates, the Public Policy portion of the meeting will feature a significant number of policy discussions over the course of the meeting. The policy agenda includes:

- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-6: Allowance for IPv4 Allocation “Swap” Transactions via 8.3 Specified Transfers and 8.4 Inter-RIR Transfers
- Draft Policy ARIN-2021-7: Make Abuse Contact Useful
- Draft Policy ARIN-2021-8: Deprecation of the ‘Autonomous System Originations’ Field
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2022-1: MDN Clarification for Qualification
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-2: Remove Barrier to BGP Uptake in ASN Policy
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-3: Remove Officer Attestation Requirement for 8.5.5
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-5: Clean-up of NRPM Section 2.11
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-8: Streamlining Section 11 Policy Language
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-9: Leasing Not Intended
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-11: Clean-up of NRPM – Introduction of Sections 2.17 and 2.18
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-12: Direct Assignment Language Update
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-13: Clean-up of NRPM Section 2.10

Find the ARIN 50 Policy Discussion Guide, as well as our Meeting Orientation Guide, on our Meeting Materials Page: (https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/ARIN50). If you need a refresher on how our Policy Development Process works, please visit: https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/pdp/ or check out our blog post on the draft policies under discussion during ARIN 50 (https://www.arin.net/blog/2022/10/06/arin-50-policies-for-discussion/).

-------------

Meet the Candidates in ARIN’s Election

Each fall, representatives from ARIN’s General Members in Good Standing elect candidates to the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council. This year, we will also be holding an election for the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC).

On Thursday, 20 October, ARIN Election candidates will be able to speak directly to you via speeches as well as a moderated Candidate Forum. Learn more about which candidates align best with the issues that are important to you or your organization before the voting period opens that afternoon.

 -------------

How to Attend the Meeting

Each morning during the meeting, you’ll receive a reminder email with information about that day’s session. If you’re a virtual attendee, that email will have the link you need to access the Zoom meeting.

Virtual attendees will be allowed into the Zoom 15 minutes before the meeting starts so you can say hello and chat with other attendees. If you’re on location in Hollywood, just take a seat before the meeting begins.

If you miss a day, catch a recap of each meeting on the ARIN Blog, located at https://www.arin.net/blog/ or follow our Twitter @TeamARIN for live tweeting of the meeting (feel free to follow our #ARIN50 hashtag).

-------------

Meeting Guides

We want to make sure you are ready to participate at the meeting. Before the meeting starts, visit the ARIN 50 materials site to get a sneak peek at the presentations, the Orientation handout, the Policy Discussion Guide and more: https://www.arin.net/ARIN50materials.

In-Person Social Events

Join us on Wednesday, 19 October, at 6:00 PM PT for a Happy Hour at the Loews Hollywood Hotel and help ARIN celebrate its 50th meeting with the return of a beloved tradition — foosball! And on Thursday evening, snap some selfies with your favorite A-listers at Madame Tussauds Hollywood Wax Museum from 7:00 to 11:00 PM.

Other Important Information

ARIN 50 Shirts: Sizing for the ARIN 50 shirts is a bit smaller than usual due to the baseball style of the shirt, and we recommend that you choose a size that is one size larger than you would normally wear. If you have already registered for the meeting, you may update your registration information by visiting https://arin.swoogo.com/arin50/sign-in, signing in with your email address and password, and modifying your shirt size. If you have trouble, please feel free to email meetings at arin.net for assistance.

In-Person Attendees Not Staying at the Hotel: The Ray Dolby Ballroom is on the fifth floor of the Ovation Center, located at the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue. Guests may park in the public parking structure within the Ovation Center and access it directly using the Ovation Center elevators. Guests who prefer to enter through the hotel lobby should take the elevator to the mezzanine level, then walk across the mezzanine foyer to the third floor of the Ovation Center, where you may then take either the elevators or the escalators up to level five. This path will not require a hotel guest room key.

ARIN would like to thank our streaming sponsor, Google, our network sponsor, Zayo (https://www.arin.net/blog/2022/10/11/arin-50-sponsor-zayo/) and our bronze sponsor, Hilco Streambank, for helping make ARIN 50 possible.

Please contact us at meetings at arin.net if you have any questions. We look forward to your participation at ARIN 50!