[dbwg] parent org idea / referral server field

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Jun 18 15:45:25 EDT 2003

If its in the schema already and part of database, maybe you should
consider this to be a good time to use it (then only work necessary is
to change whois service to make use of that) and offer those who have some
ip blocks with rwhois and some without a choice if they want  all ip
blocks in rwhois or if they want second org setup. What you originally
wrote as far as doing it with only org and then in 3 months asking if
some want to do it with net - this is just not practical since once you
tell people you have to change everything to rwhois or get rid of it,
they'll not want to go through it again and change it again just for some
blocks.

And I know in reality parent org is little more then just database field
and whois - you need template changes, concept on how one can create it,
etc. I'd propose not immediatly doing that and having it done manually
until the system is discussed on the next meeting, but have this available
as manual request through registration services (if somebody needs extra
org or connect one org to another, they ask registration services and it is
done manually).