New Whois Display Format

ginny listman ginny at arin.net
Tue Mar 12 15:37:31 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, David R Huberman wrote:

> First off, the examples look fantastic. THe utility of the new layout is
> excellent.
>
> Question: For downstream reassignments:
>
> 	1) Can upstreams put themselves in the ORG ID?

Only if they plan on using the reassigned networks for internal purposes.

> 	2) Can upstream designate their POC handle(s) for
> 	   reassignment? (Meaning ABC delegating to XYZ puts
> 	   ABC contact handle in for XYZ reassignment record.)

If you are reassigning to an end user, and there are no inaddr servers,
POC information is not required.  In fact, we would recommend that you use
the reassign-simple template, where POCs are not permitted - defaults to
the upstream's.

The reason ARIN would need POC information is if the downstream can
further sub-delegate, or if they have inaddr servers.  We (and probably
the community) would want to deal directly with those responsible for the
network.  Therefore, the POCs should be from the downstream organization.

> 	3) Can downstream org put NOC/Abuse/Tech/Admin contacts
> 	   into their ORG ID for display in their reassigned
> 	   netblocks?

Absolutely.