BETA TESTER AND NEW TEMPLATES FOR POC's

ginny listman ginny at arin.net
Wed Apr 24 15:20:54 EDT 2002

Luis,

I will add you to the beta testers list that I have been keeping.

As far as creating new multiple POCs, let me first talk about what
happened at the Member's Meeting in Las Vegas.  We provided a report by
maintainer to all attending members detailing all the information that is
stored in WHOIS. An explanation of how to read this report and how to make
changes to your data is detailed in the "Getting a Jumpstart on Your Org
ID" presentation. The purpose of the report and presentation, was to show
how to take advantage of the benefits of the new database, including
multiple POCs. We will be providing an updated version of this report
available in early May, to all members including those who weren't able to
attend the meeting.

Having said that, you can submit the new POC templates to the
jumpstart at arin.net role account. The new POCs will be created and the POC
handle sent to you. However, you will not be able to associate the POCs
with the resources until conversion.  You can submit the proper template
for example a netmod that adds the POCs to the jumpstart account, and it
will be processed immediately following conversion.

Hope I answered more questions that I raised.

Ginny Listman
Director of Engineering
ARIN