authorizing changes in the new registration database

David R Huberman huberman at gblx.net
Wed Aug 29 03:18:46 EDT 2001

> Question 1 - Who should be authorized to create an organization record
>              for a reallocation or reassignment?
>
> Option A: The upstream ISP creates an organization record on behalf of
>           the organization receiving a reallocation or reassignment.
> Option B: The customer organization creates its own organization record.
> Option C: Either the customer or the upstream ISP may create the
>           record. [2]

Option C! Isn't Option C one of the points of the new database - to
create flexibility?

> Question 2 - When should this organization record be created?
>
> Option A: The record should be created before the reallocation or
>           reassignment is made via a separate "Organization Template."
> Option B: The record should be created at the same time that the
>           reallocation or reassignment is made via an expanded
>           "Reassignment Template" that includes the organization
>           information.
> Option C: The Organization may either be created using the "Organization
>           Template" [A] or via the "Reassignment Template" [B].

Yikes.

I'm inclined towards Option B, but that's only personal
preference. Certainly Option A requires a bit more planning, but maybe
that would work for some organizations.

Option C.

> Question 3 - Should the customer organization record be permitted to
>              have the POC of their upstream ISP or must the POC be
>              from their own organization?

Option C. There are circumstances under which the upstream may be
responsible for the reassigned networks.

/david