Proceeding forward

ginny listman ginny at arin.net
Wed Dec 27 16:08:54 EST 2000

According to the discussion on this list, we will proceed as follows:

There are three types of entities:
Organizations, ASes and Networks (all ASes and Networks must have an
associated Organization, ie ASes and Networks are the Organizations'
resources)

There will be the following types of POCs, with the following
requirements:

Administrative Contact (AD) - one and only one, mandatory for an
Organization, optional for AS or Network

Billing Contact (BI) - one and only one, mandatory for an Organization
with ASes or Primary Allocated Networks, not available for Networks and
ASes

Membership Contact (ME) - zero or one, mandatory for an Organization that
is a member, not permitted for ASes, Networks and non-member Organizations

Technical Contact (TE) - one or many, optional for an Organization,
mandatory for ASes or Network w/o an Organization TE, optional otherwise

Abuse Contact (AB), NOC Contact (NO) - zero, one or many, optional for an
Organization, AS or Network (these are new, and will be incorporated into
the new schema)

Am I forgetting anything?

Phones will be stored in the international format as such for US/CA:
+1-999-999-9999.  We will get the format for other countries and implement
those as well.  The format of dash (-) separated blocks of numbers will be
followed for all numbers.  All POCs can have the following phones:

Commercial Voice - one or many, mandatory
Fax - zero, one or many, optional
Voicemail - zero, one or many, optional (do we need this?)
Mobile/Cell - zero, one or many, optional
Pager - zero, one or many, optional

One additional comment, do we need to distinguish between text email and
pager email?

Ginny