2 questions

David R Huberman huberman at gblx.net
Thu Dec 21 16:28:26 EST 2000

> I don't think what you're asking for is multiple POC's -- but an additional
> type of POC.  If you just add more and more without it being specified in the
> structure itself of ARIN's database for Security, Abuse, etc., then all you
> have is more email addresses that EVERYONE autoparses and sends copies of all
> security, notice, abuse, etc., to ALL of the contacts.... as opposed to using
> an ARIN specified "ABUSE" POC for ABUSE.

Are you proposing something like this? :

> whois -h whois.arin.net 64.0.0.0
Concentric Network Corporation (NETBLK-CONCENTRIC-BLK5)
   1400 Parkmoor Avenue
   San Jose, CA  95126-3429

   Netname: CONCENTRIC-BLK5
   Netblock: 64.0.0.0 - 64.3.255.255
   Maintainer: CRC

   Technical Coordinator:
      DNS and IP ADMIN  (DIA-ORG-ARIN)  hostmaster at CONCENTRIC.NET
      (408) 817-2800
Fax- - - (408) 817-2630

   Abuse & Security Coordinator:
	XO Security Dept (XO-ORG-ARIN) abuse at xo.com
	(xxx) xxx-xxxx

   Domain System inverse mapping provided by:

   NAMESERVER1.CONCENTRIC.NET   207.155.183.73
   NAMESERVER2.CONCENTRIC.NET   207.155.184.72
   NAMESERVER3.CONCENTRIC.NET   206.173.119.72
   NAMESERVER.CONCENTRIC.NET    207.155.183.72

   *Rwhois information on assignments from this block available from
   *rwhois.concentric.net 4321

   ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE

   Record last updated on 01-Aug-2000.
   Database last updated on 21-Dec-2000 07:33:22 EDT.

The ARIN Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet
Network Information: Networks, ASN's, and related POC's.
Please use the whois server at rs.internic.net for DOMAIN related
Information and whois.nic.mil for NIPRNET Information.