DataBase Working Group

Roger Halls rhalls at arin.net
Thu Oct 14 11:06:34 EDT 1999

Dear DataBase Working Group member,
My name is Roger Halls and I have recently commenced employment at ARIN as
Director of Operations.  In preparation for next weeks Public Policy and
Member Meeting, Jerry Porter has asked me to forward to you the following
agenda topics for the DataBase Working Group meeting.
I look forward to meeting you next week.
Suggested Agenda Topics For ARIN Database Working Group
Develop a working charter:
To provide engineering input to ARIN
ARIN to maintain central list of suggestions
Routing Registry Goals & Policies:
Authentication and Authorization
Distribution and Replication
RWHOIS:
Development of a seamless referral process
Make the process more accessible to users
Security and Authentication:
Define policy and guidelines
Implement using technologies such as PGP or S/MIME.
SWIP Parser:
Resident at ARIN or downloadable to Member facility
Method to rapidly validate Member template

Best regards,
Roger E. Halls
American Registry for Internet Numbers
Phone    (703) 227-9870