IP Allocation/Assignment Doc Draft

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Thu Oct 26 09:13:30 EDT 2000

David,
Yes, I see your point...since it is to be (by my assertion alone) an ARIN
document, then ARIN must assent to its content and since there is no policy
on reclamation it would be unwise to make statements that might imply one.
My actual thought (I did have one) on what this brief section would contain
is much as you say.  That reclamation is an area of interest to ARIN and the
broader Internet community and that ARIN, other RIRs and the IETF have made
calls for the turn-in of unused or underused address space.
I think it would be handy to make some reference to voluntary return of such
address space...hate to miss the opportunity... and also to show ARINs
interest in it...even though no formal policy or procedure currently is
expressed.
billd