Long over due

Barbara Roseman barbara at globalcenter.net
Wed May 10 16:13:22 EDT 2000

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Kim Hubbard wrote:

> Barbara,
>
> What kind of questions?
>
> Kim

Mostly having to do with how this will impact legacy web-hosting companies
and how we will restrict future implementations.

We have only presented a few customers with the new requirement, and they
seem okay with it as long as there is the provision for technically
necessary exceptions. I just think this is something that the ISP
community at large will need some help with in introducing it to their
customers.

-Barb

> At 03:37 PM 5/10/00 +0000, Barbara Roseman wrote:
> >Bill and group,
> >
> >My clew item is HTTP/1.1 and why ARIN is making this the standard protocol
> >for web hosting. There is currently a hot discussion of this issue on the
> >RIPE LIR-WG mailing list so I know that despite our agreement in Calgary,
> >our customers and others will have many questions.
> >
> >-Barb
> >
> >----
> >Barbara Roseman
> >IP Addressing Engineer