Long over due

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Wed May 10 09:19:11 EDT 2000

Clew members...

At the Calgary meeting many of spoke about the need to get the CLEW
workgroup established and working on substantive issues that members and the
industry need.....Education about ARIN, addressing, whatever....

I promised that when I got back I would prime the workgroup with a message.
A message that would elicit response to see if the mail server 'really
works' and to see if anyone would  'really respond'.... so here it is.....

Is anyone listening out there?

I propose that each of you identify one, just 1, topic that you think would
be of interest or is needed by the address providers or consumers....  I
would be willing to aggregate the list and prioritize the efforts toward
accomplishing the tasks on the list.

So, please send your topic and let's get started.

BTW....my topic is the creation of a two-day workshop that explains about
addressing history, the dilemmas of addressing and route tables, the need
for conservation, ARIN and it's agenda...ICANN and it's agenda....IPv6 and
it's agenda....etc.   This seminar would be taught by me and would travel to
whatever ISP arranged customer/industry gathering which requests it on a
first-come, first-served basis.  Local organizations would support the cost
of the local arrangements and seminar leaders travel..... the cost of the
leader would be supported by ARIN out of a Education fund, to be
established.  The actual leader would be an ARIN employee or some contract
educator like myself or others.

Bill Darte
ARIN AC member