[arin-tech-discuss] Can a customer handle (e.g. Cxxxxxxxx) be associated with more than one IP

Jon Worley jonw at arin.net
Thu Jan 14 11:01:19 EST 2021

Good day,

No – you must use a unique customer identifier for each simple reassignment.

Thanks,

-Jon

Jon Worley
Senior Technology Architect

From: arin-tech-discuss <arin-tech-discuss-bounces at arin.net> on behalf of "nyguerillagirl brainycode.com" <nyguerrillagirl at brainycode.com>
Date: Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 9:11 AM
To: "arin-tech-discuss at arin.net" <arin-tech-discuss at arin.net>
Subject: [arin-tech-discuss] Can a customer handle (e.g. Cxxxxxxxx) be associated with more than one IP

We moved from performing detailed-assignment (ORG+POC) to just SIMPLE ASSIGNMENT.  We had many old records that where once set up with DETAILED that are now trying to do SIMPLE ASSIGNMENT. In the old way we always re-used ORG-ID or HANDLE that we got back from ARIN for all subsequent registrations involving the same customer. So suppose we have the following:

IP-A , CUSTOMER_Y
IP-B, CUSTOMER_Y

when we do the first simple assignment for IP-A we obtain Customer handle Cxxxxxxx. The question is can we use the same customer handle for IP-B (same customer information) or must we obtain a new Customer handle for each IP when doing Simple assignment?
the answer was not clear to me from the web site.

Thanks,
Lorraine Figueroa