[arin-tech-discuss] RDAP CIDR netblock children query

John Ratliff jdratlif at globalnoc.iu.edu
Fri Aug 6 13:13:17 EDT 2021

On Wed, 2021-08-04 at 18:03 -0700, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
> In message <
> c28cf125931aef6c43840a77a1f27c1747419be9.camel at globalnoc.iu.edu>,
> John Ratliff <jdratlif at globalnoc.iu.edu> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to find all the SWIP'd IP space in a netblock to make
> > our
> > netflow records more accurate.
>
> I don't know offhand how to do it using "normal" whois programs...
> because I don't use any of those myself...  but if you simply telnet
> to whois.arin.net (port 43) and enter the following line, that should
> give you what you want, I think...
>
> n ! > NET-199-8-0-0-1

Thanks. I was hoping to use RDAP in case we ever need to go outside
ARIN. I read some of the RFCs for RDAP, but I can't see any way to do
what I'm looking for with that. Since we don't need data from outside
ARIN at this time, I think I'll use RWS for now.

--
John Ratliff
Systems Automation Engineer | Network Data Collection and Analysis