[arin-tech-discuss] RPKI Hosted Certificate expiry

Andrew Gallo akg1330 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 09:47:08 EDT 2017

Greetings:

A question came up at an Internet2 meeting concerning hosted RPKI.
Specifically- what happens at the expiration of the Hosted Certificate?

I see that the hosted certificate has a 10-year validity period, and
ROAs can not be created with dates past the expiration of the Hosted
Certificate.

When the expiration of this certificate is approaching, what is the
procedure?  Do we need to re-request Hosted Access? Regenerate ROAs?
Will there be an overlap period where both the expiring and new
certificates & ROAs will both be valid (to avoid any gaps in coverage)?

Thank you.