[arin-tech-discuss] QUESTION on API Keys used in OTE vs production

Jon Worley jonw at arin.net
Tue Jun 20 16:02:01 EDT 2017

Hello,

Yes, in general, an action you can complete in OT&E should be successful in production using the same API key. The only exception would be some change that has removed the privileges of that API key – for example, if you transferred 206.16.0.0/14 to another organization today. In that case, you would be able to manage 206.16.0.0/14 in OT&E (because it’s a copy from the beginning of the month, prior to the transfer) but not in production (because the block was transferred to someone else).

Best regards,

Jon Worley
Technical Services Manager
ARIN Registration Services