[arin-tech-discuss] Website issue then ;) was Re: Using NicInfo

Edward Lewis edward.lewis at icann.org
Fri Feb 17 13:37:12 EST 2017

Got it, but then maybe I should raise a website content issue (i.e., probably not as much an Andy issue, so I'm replying on list instead of off-line follow up).

On 2/17/17, 12:46, "Andy Newton" wrote:

>This is a very old version of NicInfo

I downloaded it just a few hours ago. ;)  I went to the ARIN web site and came to it via the path of least intelligence.  I'll explain.

I went to www.arin.net (over v6!) then to the search page:

    https://www.arin.net/search.html (again, over v6!)

Typed "RDAP" into the search box and the first hit was

https://www.arin.net/resources/rdap.html

which I clicked (over v6!  Okay, that's getting old.)

On the page is a hyperlink labelled "NicInfo" inside this text:

"Are there any RDAP clients available for me to use?

Yes. ARIN has written a command-line RDAP client called NicInfo."

That link dumped me into github for the 0.2.0 version.

Also, this document: https://www.arin.net/knowledge/rdap.pdf
has links that are non-fucntional, namely:

"How Do I Use ARIN’s RDAP service?
The correct URL preceding any query to ARIN’s RDAP service is
https://rdap.arin.net/bootstrap/. Alternatively, you may use
https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ to query without using ARIN’s
bootstrap server."

I'm not sure those URL-looking strings were meant to be clickable, but they are and they lead to prettied up "404's".  (I was trying to copy and paste them and accidently clicked through.)