[arin-tech-discuss] Would anybody explain what Unauthorized means?

Zhao, Sean Sean.Zhao at CenturyLink.com
Mon Jan 12 11:45:11 EST 2015

Hi,
                I was trying to swip an ip 198.36.189.64/29. I was expecting an error return from Arin because this ip has been assigned already. But when I was trying to assign this ip, the error message I got from Arin is
<error xmlns="http://www.arin.net/regrws/core/v1">
<additionalInfo/><code>E_AUTHENTICATION</code>
<components/>
<message>The API key is not authorized to make that request.</message>
</error>

Somehow that does not make sense to me because this was assigned by me last week. That means I do have good APIKEY. I am trying to work on the error handling. So I am expecting to get error like "this ip has been assigned already" or "overlaps with existing network(s)".

Thanks

Sean Zhao
sean.zhao at centurylink.com

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.