[arin-tech-discuss] Orphaned Customer records

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Mon Jan 5 10:46:16 EST 2015

Mike,

We have no regular processes to delete orphaned customer records. In our analysis of the growth of our data set, orphaned records do not constitute an area of excessive growth and therefore instituting a regular process to purge them has not been implemented.

Once unlinked from a network, a customer record cannot be easily found except for by a lookup of its handle. There is no API function to list orphaned records.

I hope that answers your questions.

Andy Newton,
ARIN