[arin-tech-discuss] ARIN RDAP testing information

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Thu Apr 16 14:42:04 EDT 2015

>>> NicInfo – command-line RDAP client (open source)
>>>
>>> http://anon:anon@stash-projects.arin.net/scm/RRR/code.git will not build on Ubuntu.
>>
>> If you can specify which version of Ruby you are using, I’ll look into it.
>

> I don't believe this is a Ruby issue but I am not entirely familiar with Maven.

Sorry, I didn’t make the context switch and thought you were trying to get NicInfo to work. Yes, the RDAP Bootstrap server is not written in Ruby.

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) on project rdap_bootstrap_server: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
> [ERROR] /home/aaronh/code/src/main/java/net/arin/rdap_bootstrap/json/Response.java:[65,32] error: generics are not supported in -source 1.3

I think this is tied to the version of Java you are using. It should compile under Java 6, 7 and 8. One issue maybe that your system is pointing to gcj instead of a modern Java.

Andy Newton,
Chief Engineer, ARIN