[arin-tech-discuss] rdappilot.arin.net: Secure Connection Failed

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Mon Apr 7 15:25:26 EDT 2014

James,

We currently do not offer the RDAP pilot over HTTPS. This error, as
opposed to a normal TCP/SSL connection error, is due to a bug in our
network load balancer. Sorry for the confusion.

Also note that RDAP, as defined by the IETF, does not have content that is
human-friendly, and therefore viewing of that URL in a browser will yield
unexpected results.

I hope this is helpful.

Andy Newton,
Chief Engineer, ARIN