[arin-tech-discuss] SWIP and GeoIP

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Fri Nov 22 17:16:46 EST 2013

Brian,

For what it is worth, Google has a proposal implemented by a handful for
network operators called GeoFeeds. They are currently attempting to have
this adopted by the IETF GEOPRIV working group so that it is an RFC. Their
current document is here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-google-self-published-geofeeds-02

At present, reporting of the geofeeds is very manual and adhoc, but their
hope is to have a standardized way for discovery of these feeds (ideas are
documented in their draft).

Andy Newton,
Chief Engineer, ARIN