[arin-tech-discuss] Can SWIP / RWS be submitted for "Direct Assignments" ?

Dani Roisman droisman at softlayer.com
Tue Jun 25 16:47:43 EDT 2013

Greetings,

I have a customer which has an old "Direct Assignment" (pre-ARIN) showing up in 'whois' and wants to use part of their address space for their servers on our network.  We're asking for that to show within the ARIN Whois/RWS database.

My question is - does ARIN restrict Direct Assignment blocks such that further reallocations/reassignments in the Whois/RWS database cannot be created?

----
Dani Roisman
VP, Network Operations
droisman at softlayer.com<mailto:droisman at softlayer.com>