[arin-tech-discuss] Customer name characters

Thomas St-Pierre tstpierre at iweb.com
Thu Feb 14 10:22:02 EST 2013

Hi!

I was wondering if there were any plans to expand the set of allowed characters to include more than what you currently allow? According to the reject message I just got the only allowed characters are the following: a-z A-Z 0-9 @ ( ) ' # / & , . - + * ! and space.

This is a bit restrictive no? Many names have characters that aren't in this list. For example a lot of our customers are french, and include accents in their names. I'm sure I can't be the only one running into this problem.

Thanks!

Thomas