[arin-tech-discuss] ARIN RPKI hiccup on Saturday

Mark Kosters markk at arin.net
Tue Dec 17 16:45:42 EST 2013

Hi Jay

Yes - we caught wind of this earlier today. We validate before publishing
to the community and this was a new twist. The manifest certificate on the
repository was invalid from 8:00AM EST until 2:05PM EST on 12/14. The
repository is generated 2x a day each with a 24hr expiry on the manifest
certificate. Unfortunately, we missed the evening run on 12/13 as we were
shutting non-public services down preparing for the database conversion.
It was "refreshed" the afternoon of 12/14 when the database was up and
certified to be healthy post-conversion.

As for RPKI, this was an oversight on our part and we are reevaluating
having such a limited-duration cert. Other RIR's who have the same
characteristics are also looking at changing their manifest certs as well.

Our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Regards,
Mark