[arin-tech-discuss] Reassignment Net Payload Example Request

David Huberman dhuberma at arin.net
Wed Sep 19 17:08:19 EDT 2012

David,

Here's a basic new simple reassignment payload I just whipped up to reply
to your email with. In it, 192.0.1.0/29 is assigned out of the block the
ISP is the registrant of, 192.0.1.0/24 (which has a net handle of
NET-192-0-1-0-1):

<net xmlns="http://www.arin.net/regrws/core/v1" >
	<version>4</version>
	<netBlocks>		<netBlock>
			<type>S</type>
			<startAddress>192.0.1.0</startAddress>			<endAddress>192.0.1.8</endAddre
ss>
		</netBlock>	</netBlocks>
	<customerHandle>C0123456789</customerHandle>
	<parentNetHandle>NET-192-0-1-0-1</parentNetHandle>
	<netName>David-Net</netName>
</net>

The type is set to s for "assign"ment.

The customerHandle is set to C0123456789, a handle I made up for example
purposes, but which you would obtain from creating the recipient customer
record described at:
https://www.arin.net/resources/restfulpayloads.html#customer

The parentNetHandle is set to the block we're assigning from, which in
this example is a /24 direct allocation to our fake ISP. There are a few
different methodologies available to you for teaching your software how to
figure out the parentNetHandle.

netName is a string of text that is set by your organization, but is
required in Whois.

Hope this helps some!
David

---