[arin-tech-discuss] ARIN API Question

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Fri Oct 12 16:58:33 EDT 2012

It's a pain.  There's an API call that does it, but only if you've got
under 255 reassignments.

What we do is:

1) Request a reassignment report (/rest/report/reassignment/)
2) Wait for the report to complete
3) Download the report (/rest/ticket/)
4) Convert the XLS document returned to a CSV (xls2csv works okay)
5) Parse the CSV for all the reassignments within the subnet range

It seems awful, but it's been the only reliable way of doing it that
I've found.

Re: /children.  Note the message at the top: 'This list contains more
than 256 records. Additional records are not shown.'.  This restriction
makes it pretty much useless.