[arin-tech-discuss] zero-padded IP addresses in "startAddress" and "endAddress" values

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Fri Mar 30 10:23:07 EDT 2012

On Mar 30, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:

> I would suggest versioning the API;   for example if version X is used
> the format is A, if version Y of the API is used then the format is B;
> and adding an optional attribute to the element to indicate the format
> of its contents.

Thanks Jimmy. Yes we will version it. More than likely we will add additional elements using another XML namespace, that way both elements are present but distinguishable.

Again, thanks for the code sample. And I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Note that there is an upcoming modification to the Reg-RWS interface but unfortunately it will not contain this modification as that software is already "in the can."

-andy