[arin-tech-discuss] Trouble deleting obsolete route objects from ARIN routing registry

1&1 ARIN Role (Axel Fischer) arin-role at oneandone.net
Fri Jan 20 06:52:28 EST 2012

Hi Mark,

On 01/19/2012 10:19 PM, Mark Kosters wrote:
> We've looked at your submissions and why they failed. Change your
> instances of "source: ARIN # Filtered" to "source: ARIN". Your route
> objects should then be deleted.

Thanks for your response. The delete requests had all "source: ARIN" in it but
the object in the database had "source: ARIN # Filtered". I tried to modify the
object and found this by accident. I didn't think that this was possible but
obviously it is and was an error on our side:

OBJECT BELOW MODIFIED:

route:          74.208.0.0/17
descr:          CUSTOMERS-4
origin:         AS8560
mnt-by:         MNT-11INT
changed:        noc at 1and1.com 20080411
source:         ARIN # Filtered

REPLACED BY:

route:          74.208.0.0/17
descr:          CUSTOMERS-4
origin:         AS8560
mnt-by:         MNT-11INT
changed:        noc at 1and1.com 20080411
source:         ARIN

After that the removal was possible.

Regards,
Axel

--
Axel Fischer
Network Engineer

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstrasse 48
D-76135 Karlsruhe

http://www.1und1.de (AS8560)

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484
Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Robert
Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen