[arin-tech-discuss] Delete problems with ORG and POC

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Mon Sep 12 15:56:43 EDT 2011

Just a small note on this...

On Sep 12, 2011, at 3:16 PM, David Huberman wrote:

> (And I think it's worth noting: If you want to ensure that you can
> remove orphaned ORGs or POCs, one option would be to include yourself
> [either as POC, or as e-mail on the POC] in the authority chain of
> the ORG or POC. Whether that's acceptable to you, or your customer,
> is left to your discretion.)

As David has stated, even with the RESTful interface we have to stay within the framework of the existing authorization chain. And always putting your POC on an Org is one way to be a part of the authorization chain. Today, it is the only way to do this with automation.

Another method is to login in to AOL and link the new POC to your web account and API Key. Of course, that's not really conducive to automation, so we have worked up the 'makeLink' matrix parameter which can be passed during the POC create call. This parameter will automatically link the new POC to your web account.

This new matrix parameter is already in code and tested, and will be deployed with our next software release which is currently scheduled for late September.

I hope this information is helpful.

Andy Newton
Chief Engineer