[arin-tech-discuss] missing info in text output

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Fri Jan 14 12:41:31 EST 2011

Toby,

I assume you are talking about output that would be seen for a URL such as this:
http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-199-212-0-0-1.txt

If so, you are not missing anything. The translation of organization reference URL and the organization handle are not in the XSL text stylesheet. They were excluded to make resources look like their equivalents on port 43. If you would like, I can create an issue in our tracking system to add these fields, but this improvement is unlikely to make it into our next Whois-RWS release as that is in the final stages of development.

As an alternative, section 4.3.5 of the Whois-RWS API documentation demonstrates how to run the XML through your own XSL stylesheet, so you can customize the text output to your liking.

Andy Newton
Chief Engineer, ARIN